In the very last days and hours of beam before the inauguration we managed to align a zone plate, order sorting aperture, and central beam stop, to allow us to put a sample in the focal position. We recorded some knife edge scans and collected some first images from a coarse TEM-grid, and a sample with a Zone Plate on.
These first data, taken with a temporary experimental set-up, don’t show any instability in the scale of the spatial resolution that we have been able to achieve, of half a micron. This gives us confidence for the next steps of commissioning of the beamline.
We will now continue to optimize the beamline and to install the first permanent experimental station in the next coming months.